Recent news of a possible comeback! :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recent news of a possible comeback! :D

Post by winksniper on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:06 pm

I was searching on google for lyrics to You Should Live In The Sunny Light, and this I Kill My Heart review article came up, without lyrics, but I read it. http://purpleskymagazine.com/?tag=you-should-live-in-the-sunny-light

It's actually pretty good, and the first IKMH album review I've read that doesn't insist on explaining in detail why they hate it. Anyways, in the last paragraph, it says something about how TBG has left their old management and they're working on a comeback (I know it's recent - check the creation date - August 2, 2009). And since Tommy Heavenly6's contract with defStar ended in April or May, this could mean that TBG will be her next project.

What do you think?

I, for one, hope it's the absolute truth. I could go for some new BuriGuri. What a Face
winksniper

Female Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recent news of a possible comeback! :D

Post by Synchronicity on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:35 am

I really hope it's not...the last Heavenly album that is. I wish she'd come back with another Heavenly album...and then another...and then a buri guri album in there somewhere.
Synchronicity

Male Number of posts : 958
Registration date : 2008-07-02

View user profile http://saintnichts.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by winksniper on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:08 pm

FairyBlueMoon wrote:I really hope it's not...the last Heavenly album that is. I wish she'd come back with another Heavenly album...and then another...and then a buri guri album in there somewhere.

Yeah, I agree, I really hope that Heavenly keeps going, but at least a new BuriGuri album would mean that she's not done.
winksniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:45 pm

I think she should keep all three going. Most people prefer buri guri, so that will probably come next. I would like to see another heavenly6 album and at least a february6 single, as well as some new buri guri.

If you want to come into
my DREAM angel,
If you want to come into
my NIGHTMARE, lets...

Ryo Matsui, you will not be forgotten!
ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1606
Registration date : 2008-07-25

View user profile http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove on Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:50 pm

I agree, but it is just more guesswork in my opinion. It just relates back to Tommys final few diary entries where she mentioned that buriguri would be "powering up" again soon.

Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713

View user profile http://forevertommy.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGxBDG on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:20 am

This current period of no news reminds me of the "news" that they'd be putting out an album of previously unreleased material. There were countless English articles mentioning it, but no real evidence to back it up. Yes, they're supposed to be "powering-up" for a TBG comeback, and Tommy told us through her blog to just WAIT.

And about the three alter-egos, I hope she finally drops the "solo" projects and the band just writes normal material again. I loved when they incorporated more electronic stuff into THE WINTER ALBUM after the first round of Tommy february6, but I really don't want the same thing to happen with Tommy heavenly6. I wasn't impressed with "Ash Like Snow", and we all know (even Tommy said so in MARQUEE) that's really just a Tommy heavenly6 song.

Don't mean to seem like a hater, but it's been nearly seven years since THE WINTER ALBUM, and I've been waiting almost the entire time.

TBGxBDG

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:36 am

No I agree, I think it's time for a new Brilliant Green album, and I think "previously un-released stuff" is kind of a cop-out.

like you said, they should be able to have a completely new album after 7 years, not just a "The Brilliant Green" 2.

All i know is that I wish there was more consistency with Tommy. I think it'd be great if she kept Heavenly as a side project, and then had Buri guri as her band, and just kind of went back and forth every 1 or 2 years.
Synchronicity

Male Number of posts : 958

View user profile http://saintnichts.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:46 am

TBGxBDG wrote:This current period of no news reminds me of the "news" that they'd be putting out an album of previously unreleased material. There were countless English articles mentioning it, but no real evidence to back it up.

Sorry to say, but to say their was no evidence is not true. It was a direct translation from the So-net TBG interview, we broke that story on our old news site. Check the link -

So-net TBG interview

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGxBDG on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:55 am

I've seen that interview before, but do you still have the translation?

TBGxBDG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:26 am

TBGxBDG wrote:I've seen that interview before, but do you still have the translation?

I do not have a whole translation, as hidebow and mika were kind enough tranlate it at the time. Here is the part I am referring to though, they talk about Gloomy Sunday and how in fact this is an old song that Shunsaku recently re-discovered on an old demo tape.

All I can give you now is my crappy Yahoo translation, which does not really proove my point because as usual it sound like complete nonsense. Trust me though, at the time our Japanese members gave us this info Wink

Okuda: In fact, this music is the music that there was for a debut. I cut a record newly this time whether I would find it in the demo tape which I heard back.

Tommy: When when gave only a band all the time for ten years, this music became directly-controlled fief of a feudal lord surely || 思 || yes || す (笑). But each does distinction, and is interesting if tried to do it in what arrest you with old music objectively, and get possible to listen to now || think that pigeon you, and was able to record it and. If though there are a lot of unpublished songs with truthfulness, the thing which made before a debut still more, ed you former || when was ashamed, and absoluteness unreasonableness did not start it || 思 || yes || すよね (笑). But walk by having had free duration of such 4 years and six month, and is ashamed || will dissolve it || when what said went, and exceeded it, and thought that was a chance to finish it without it being it in directly-controlled fief of a feudal lord, and should have been able to start it from that again from now on.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGxBDG on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:45 am

I can make out some vague ideas looking at the original text and the Yahoo "translation" that they're talking about old material, but can't make out enough to find anything like "we're actually releasing an album of newly re-recorded demos". Looks legit enough.

Thanks for pointing out that section in the interview, though I'd still love to read a full translation. It looks pretty impossible to find any translated interviews besides this one.

TBGxBDG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:24 am

Yeah, you are correct. I remember at the time of that SO-NET interview we dissected it quite alot because it was the first we had heard from the band themselves after the comeback.
The general conclusion we came to was that they wanted to at some point release the un-published songs.

We can see in lots of interviews, including the English one you mentioned, that the band have no love for the Japanese music industry and the big companies (Sony?) and that may have something to do with what is happening now.

I hope that Shunsaku considers starting an independent record company, and then finally we will get TBG releasing whatever they like in whatever format they want. For me this would be a perfect conclusion to this painful period of silence.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by winksniper on Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:28 pm

I hope that Shunsaku considers starting an independent record company, and then finally we will get TBG releasing whatever they like in whatever format they want. For me this would be a perfect conclusion to this painful period of silence.

I totally agree. I'm a big fan of the band and Tommy's solo projects so I see no reason for her not to continue all three, but for as long as it's been since there has been all-new TBG material, I think it would make sense for Tommy to keep her solo projects side projects, as someone earlier had said.
winksniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:46 pm

Yes, the world is in dire need of new a buri guri album. BUT, the world also needs more solo Tommy.

If you want to come into
my DREAM angel,
If you want to come into
my NIGHTMARE, lets...

Ryo Matsui, you will not be forgotten!
ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1606
Registration date : 2008-07-25

View user profile http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lonely_louie on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:53 am

I think it would be great for all of them to come back, tommy february6 a new single then tommy heavenly6 single and then a brilliant green single, and then will see new albums next year.
and please make a real official myspace page!! for each of them!!
lonely_louie

Male Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shizuenjune2 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:42 pm

as long as it's tommy included i will be so damn happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shizuenjune2

Female Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2008-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top