I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I KILL MY HEART - Album reviews

Post by Sneakglove on Sat May 16, 2009 7:52 am

EchoLawrence wrote:
Am I think too much? I must admit I miss Ryo, I love all of the tracks Ryo ever written LOL!!
and if Ryo is not involved with this album, why he needed to be named K-Smith, and mentioned at the last page?
Still confused me...

I just think Ryo doesn't want any credit for his work on the album, just like the rest of Th6's discography. I mean, thats got to be Ryo on Roller Coaster Ride surely? Like when she played that HSH SPACE SHOWER TV show and Ryo just turned up and played guitar, no fuss or ceremony.

Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713
Registration date : 2008-07-02

View user profile http://forevertommy.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW on Fri May 22, 2009 12:14 am

Well I hope somebody still reads it, because I got my album just now and I really wanna leave my opinion here =)

I'll do it track by track very quickly =)

1. Wait for me there - Well, I started liking it a lot more. I think the melody is very sexy =P just dunno why!

2. Leaving You - One of my favorites. For me it's like... "Smashing Pumpkins and Radiohead on Tommyland"!

3. Do you know my heart? - This song can almost fit perfectly on a the brilliant green album, I think. But the chorus and the bridge are very Tommy-like. I like this one a lot! Love mixed-up songs.

4. Sad end to a fairy tale - "Why do you have to kill the prince?
Why do you kill yourself?" I really like these lyrics xD The melody on the first verses sounds really sweet... and then the chorus comes more agressive... I mean, it really sounds like a "sad end to a fairy tale"!

5. Shut Up - I think this one is nice, but... pretty normal. It'll probably grow on me more. The chorus sounds cool, I can picture Tommy driving really fast singing this xD

6. Flower Crown - A very deep song for me. The chorus sounds like begging and crying... I definetely love this one.

7. Surely - Another "buriguri-ish" song! This one is very sweet and I love it, but I miss a more catchy chorus. I can imagine people on the beach playing guitar and singing around the fire =P

8. Gonna Change My Way of Life - The song starts kinda boring and ordinary... but the chorus is so fun! Another one of my favorites!

9. Playground - This song is really nice. It's nothing too special, but I really like it.

10. Things I can do - This one's another common song I like. The pre-chorus is awesome! It really could be used as opening for some teen TV series xD

11. You Should Live In The Sunny Light - This sounds like a sequel to +gothic Pink+. It's a great end to the album and a really lovely song.

Overall: 9/10
Well, it's very different from the other heavenly albums, but it's good different. I mean, I like songs like Ready?, Pray and stuff... but I didn't want new versions of them. Ready? and Pray are nice, but I like when the artist comes doing experiments and new things. This album's deeper and it feels like Tommy "gave her heart thinking of us" on this. It's undeniable that her "pumpkin fields" are forever... heavenly seems like to be growing. But it'll always be Tommy.

(my thank-yous for those who read 'till here xD)

ThomasW

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2008-07-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity on Fri May 22, 2009 12:49 am

I agree with the love on those "sad end to a fairy tale" lyrics! Stellar lyrics right there! I adore the way she says yells "Why do you kill yourself!!??"

although "You should live in the Sunny light" a sequel to "+gothic Pink+"? I don't see the connection, myself.

Synchronicity

Male Number of posts : 958

View user profile http://saintnichts.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW on Fri May 22, 2009 1:31 am

FairyBlueMoon wrote:I agree with the love on those "sad end to a fairy tale" lyrics! Stellar lyrics right there! I adore the way she says yells "Why do you kill yourself!!??"

although "You should live in the Sunny light" a sequel to "+gothic Pink+"? I don't see the connection, myself.

Not lyrically, but musically. It looks like they use a similar structure for both. I can see Tommy singing +gothic Pink+ on the PV and then connect it to a new PV for You should live in the Sunny light.

Last edited by ThomasW on Fri May 22, 2009 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

ThomasW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneakglove on Fri May 22, 2009 6:44 am

I agree with pretty much everything you say in your review Thomas W, and I am happy you like it Wink

Hey, can anybody else not hear the similarities between "Things I can do" & "I'm a Player in TV Games"?

I am not saying this is a bad thing, I think it's great! I love both songs Smile

Sneakglove
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1713

View user profile http://forevertommy.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW on Fri May 22, 2009 2:39 pm

Sneakglove wrote:I agree with pretty much everything you say in your review Thomas W, and I am happy you like it Wink

Hey, can anybody else not hear the similarities between "Things I can do" & "I'm a Player in TV Games"?

I am not saying this is a bad thing, I think it's great! I love both songs Smile

Now that you said... hahahaha
There's lots of moments in this album you can relate with BuriGuri stuff.
Also, I put "Ash Like Snow" between "Flower Crown" and "Playground" and it's funny how the BuriGuri song fits =P

ThomasW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity on Fri May 22, 2009 3:01 pm

ThomasW wrote:
FairyBlueMoon wrote:I agree with the love on those "sad end to a fairy tale" lyrics! Stellar lyrics right there! I adore the way she says yells "Why do you kill yourself!!??"

Not lyrically, but musically. It looks like they use a similar structure for both. I can see Tommy singing +gothic Pink+ on the PV and then connect it to a new PV for You should live in the Sunny light.
...yeah i was thinking musically i don't see the similarity...I mean i don't see it lyrically either now that you mention it.

I'll go listen to them back to back now. Smile

Synchronicity

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorlum on Sat May 23, 2009 1:52 am

Good to hear your thoughts, Thomas Wink

So far the most played songs from the album, for me, are Wait For Me There and Do You Know My Heart?

sailorlum

Female Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoLawrence on Sat May 23, 2009 1:22 pm

I love Playground, it quite short thought, I think they can probably extend the outro at live.

EchoLawrence

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo on Sat May 23, 2009 1:42 pm

Personally, Flower Crown, Do You Know My Heart?, Playground, and Shut Up are my favorite tracks But I love the other ones as well.

If you want to come into
my DREAM angel,
If you want to come into
my NIGHTMARE, lets...

Ryo Matsui, you will not be forgotten!

ghitgo

Male Number of posts : 1606
Registration date : 2008-07-25

View user profile http://tommypicarchive.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW on Sat May 23, 2009 3:10 pm

Like almost all albums I listen, each day I get a favorite...

By now, Leaving You, Flower Crown and Gonna Change My Way of Life!

ThomasW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasW on Wed May 27, 2009 3:26 pm

I just have to say here that I like this album even more than I thought. I got it on repeat play since it arrived xDD

ThomasW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by winksniper on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Wait for me there: I used to really dislike the song when I first heard it. But I kept listening to it over & over again and it turns out that I love it. Kinda reminiscent of Swear and Wanna Be Your Idol, to me anyways.

Leaving you: I loved this one from the start, and I just can't get over how well she did on it. But is it just me, or does she say "I Kill My Heart" in both this song and Wait For Me There? xD Either way, I love it.

Do you know my heart: I can't say that I like it at all... Judging it by the title isn't fair at all, because half of the songs Tommy writes have weird titles but turn out to kick ass. But this just isn't one of them, in my opinion.

Sad end to a fairy tale: I love this song! It doesn't bust out into a complete jam-fest like I expected it to, but even so, it's really good. I laugh every time I hear, "Why did you have to kill the prince? Why did you kill yourself?"

Shut up: Another good track. I like how she's so pissed off in this song but its hard to tell because of the happy music. I actually made posters saying "Wakatta kara, SHUT UP" to put on my bedroom walls in trubute to this song. Very Happy

Flower Crown: I hear a lot of people (not on this forum, on others) talking about how suckish this song is, and I totally disagree. I think its seriously badass. I love it.

Surely: Good track, but easily forgettable, imho. Its tracks like this, LCDD, About U and Lucky Me that I forget even exist because I don't think they stand out among the others. But its still pretty good.

Gonna Change my way of life: Not that great, imho. I listened to it the first time around, hated it, listened to it again, and still didn't like it. I don't have much else to say about it.

Playground: I love it! Absolutely, I love the fun lyrics and just the awesomeness of this song.

Things I can do: I love this song too. (I love a lot of songs on IKMH, apparently...) Realllly good.

You should live in the sunny light: I'm not gonna lie, when I first heard this song, I was like wtf? But listening to it now, I think its reaaaaally good.

winksniper

Female Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Synchronicity on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Really on the Flower Crown? dang those pople who say that must be brain dead!!!!! haha. Sorry. that was mean, but whatever. I love Flower Crown immensely! Laughing

and yeah she says "I KILL MY HEART" in both Wait For Me There and Leaving you.

Synchronicity

Back to top Go down

Post by ghitgo on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:05 pm

Flower Crown is one of the best songs she has ever written. True story. Smile

If you want to come into
my DREAM angel,
If you want to come into
my NIGHTMARE, lets...